Monday, April 9, 2007

Come for the Conference, Stay for the Weekend

We're offering conference attendees the option to come early and/or stay late on the Maritime campus. We figured many of you might like to enjoy the New York City area while you're here, and we know we're more affordable than any hotel nearby.

If you do stay, we can drive you to Manhattan on Friday (June 15) afternoon for free. You can spend the time how you like -- maybe take in a Broadway show or see one of the fabulous museums. If you have a car, you may want to visit a local winery, shop, or see the New York Botanical Garden. (Actually, if there's enough interest, I bet we could arrange to drive you there too)

On Saturday, June 16, come with us on a field trip to the Bronx Zoo. We can get a good group rate if we know how many people we'll be bringing, so I encourage you to register early.

We want your pre- or post- conference stay to be an enjoyable one. Please feel free to contact me at fberke@sunymaritime.edu with questions or suggestions. The more I know ahead of time, the more I can do for you, so if you and 11 of your closest friends want to go to a local knitting store or something, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Officially we'll be pretty hands-off after Friday morning, but driving you to your jaunt is probably doable.

Oh, by the way, the dorm rooms you'll be staying in are air-conditioned -- you can rest easy that you'll, well, rest easy.

No comments: